Sunday, February 10, 2013

Darkness

Are you at peace with the dark or afraid? I was afraid growing up until one day I came to the realization that dark or light, it didn't matter: what exists in the darkness and what exists daylight is the same. The only difference is our perspective. You see, we are much more comfortable with the light because what is hidden in the darkness, is plain to see and understand. Unfortunately, our lives very rarely are clear and understandable. Instead, we find ourselves shrouded in darkness and uncertainty. While that may seem terrifying, the fact is, only in the dark can we truly be attracted to the Light.

I planned on this being a little longer, but truth be told, I just haven't been in a writing mood lately. Sorry!

1 comment:

  1. Darkness is just the absence of light. Think about it, you cannot have "more dark" after total dark. But there is conceivable always more "light" even beyond what our eyes can process. Light doesn't hide in the darkness, it eliminates it. Of course, life is never really plain to see, it if was I think that would defeat the point. When you know everything and see it all clearly, it kind of loses the point. I suppose that doesn't suit your intended metaphor, but I know you have a light, so perhaps you're just a little more gray at times.

    Write when you feel like writing.

    ReplyDelete